Formal Complaints Procedure of the BFBA
The BFBA work extremely hard to ensure that all activities are undertaken fairly and with the best interests of its members. However, from time to time, you may disagree with an action that has been taken. Should you wish to raise a formal complaint please follow the formal procedure:
- Telephone Head Office and ask for the Formal Complaint Forms.
- Return the completed form to the BFBA in the envelope provided.
- Complaints will only be considered if made formally in writing on the official form.
- You will be sent a letter acknowledging the receipt of the complaint and informed to which Committee the complaint has been passed and the date of that Committees next meeting.
- After the Committees meeting you will be sent a letter informing the outcome of the complaint.
- If the Craft Committee discuss your complaint and you are unhappy with the outcome you are entitled to make an appeal to the Executive Committee. If the Executive Committee had discussed your complaint no appeal can be made.
- To appeal return the Formal Appeal Form, within 21 days of the date on the letter informing the outcome of the complaint.
- You will be sent a letter of acknowledgement and informed of the date of the Executive Committees meeting.
- After the Executive Committees meeting you will be sent a letter stating the Executive Committees decision.
- The decision of the Executive Committee is final.