Supporting our members
In addition to the many benefits, the strength of the Association exists within our members. The British Farriers and Blacksmiths Association (BFBA) exists to represent, and be the voice of, the professional farrier whilst supporting and enabling our farriery and blacksmithing members throughout their career.
Membership can now be managed online, please complete this form. Membership for apprentices is provided free of charge.
It is important that all members are familiar with the Association’s Rules: Read the Rule Book
Not a member?
Become a member by following the link below so we can get you all set up!
- 25% off all BFBA courses e.g AWCF/FWCF courses and all other CPD courses
- Bi-monthly Forge magazine and farrier science Forge Knowledge with CPD
- Members’ Rate *Early Bird Pre-Registration* entry to BFBA Focus & the International Team Horseshoeing Competition and International Bladesmithing Competition
- Free delivery on all books and BFBA merchandise purchased through BFBA 02476 696595
- AFA members rate to attend the American Farriers Association Annual Convention
- Online access to American Farriers Association’s ‘No Foot, No Horse’ magazine
- The opportunity to go on or host Farriers with ‘The Edward Martin MBE Cultural Exchange’ to America
- 12.5% off Eastlake and Beachell Forge insurance plus preferential rates on Pensions and Permanent Health Insurance eastlakebeachell.co.uk 0116 254 4277
- Discounts with Morrish Solicitors including their no win, no fee personal injury service (which is also available to family members) and free half hour legal consultation plus more.
- 25% off retail prices at Red Horse Products Ltd plus email them to receive a FREE Farriers Sample Pack email@example.com – redhorseproducts.com – 0808 164 0723
- Giraffe Graphics Ltd – BFBA Exclusive Embroidered Farrier Pack giraffe-graphics.co.uk 01246 766770 – (1 soft shell jacket 1 fleece 1 sweatshirt 3 polos 3 vests all embroidered with your logo all for only £99.99 plus vat)
- 5% off Londonderry Forge tool maintenance and knife sharpening kit and any consumables e.g buffing compound, expander wheels and belts etc. forgesupplies.co.uk 01677 422587
- Federation of Small Businesses 20% discount – please contact FSB Regional Sales Manager, Alistair Downham on 07872 868848 or via Alistair.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FREE Discount fuel card from UK Fuels, guarantees a 3p per litre saving off the pump price for standard diesel at selected forecourts across the UK. Call UK Fuels on 0330 311 2962 or visit ukfuels.co.uk/bfba
- FREE half-hour consultation on dispute resolution with Venn Mediation
- 10% off Handmade Shoes (UK) Ltd HMS exclusive tools only to include: Beanie Tools, Ridolfo Tools and Kingery (Tosakay Forge) Tools handmadeshoesltd.co.uk 01296 662 473
- 10% off Stromsholm ALL Gibbins aprons with Free embroidery (single name) stromsholm.co.uk 01908 233909
- 10% off Silverback Chaps with Free embroidery (single name) plus a Free Silverback T-shirt silverbackchaps.com 01947 897165
ATF Membership Benefits
As above, with the addition of:
- 1 free apprentice contract per year
- 30 minutes free HR/employment law advice with Andrea Brereton
For more information on any of these please speak to one of our representatives
Lancashire & Cheshire
South Yorkshire and Humberside
Wales and Borders
“You can be sure that we know your trade and its problems, be a friendly voice offering independent advice, be very interested in resolving your problems and provide you with the ability to talk to the same staff whenever you call?” JOHN HOWE of EASTLAKE & BEACHELL
“For many years I have been what one might call a stagnant member of BFBA, never seeing the day when I might have to make use of one the benefits. After my experience (with a disciplinary hearing) I would urge all farriers to become BFBA members.” AE Bailey RSS
“I believe that as a strong trade association, BFBA is important as a purposeful mouthpiece for its members; a source of help and advice in troubled times; a flagship for excellence in craftsmanship and a forum for discussion of topical issues and for the exchange and dissemination of knowledge and ideas.” Huw Dyer AWCF – Past President
“Get advice from the solicitors who have advised the Association and its members since its formation” TOM MORRISH of MORRISH SOLICITORS