Join the BFBA today!
In addition to the many benefits, the strength of the Association exists within our members – without the BFBA the voice of the professional farrier cannot be heard.
Read the Rule Book.
To become a member please complete this form.
Membership for apprentices is provided free of charge. To register simply complete our apprentice form.
- Representation with official bodies – safeguarding YOUR industry
- Free £20,000 Life insurance plus Serious Personal Accident Insurance
- 12.5% discount on the price of Forge insurance bought through Eastlake and Beachell
- 20% discount on price of Premium Membership with ‘knowfootknowhorse.com’
- 20% discount on price of AmBrit Farriers Manager Software
- FOC postage and packing on all RRP of books & merchandise purchased through BFBA HQ
- Confidential access to BFBA's Member Liaison Officer
- You and your family are entitled to a discount of 20% with Morrish Solicitors for all the following legal services:
- Employment law advice
- FRC disciplinary hearings
- Residential conveyancing
- Probate and estate planning
- All matrimonial, including children and ancillary issues
- You are also entitled to 50% discount on wills for you/spouse
- Free personal injury service
- Free half hour legal advice on any issue by phone or attendance at Morrish Solicitors office
- Preferential rates and access to BFBA Farriery Focus Days, competitions and CPD activities
- BHS Membership – waive joining fee of £5.00 on all categories of membership (also open to members of your family as long as they reside at same address)
- The opportunity to go on or host Farriers with ‘The Edward Martin MBE Cultural Exchange’
“You can be sure that we know your trade and its problems, be a friendly voice offering independent advice, be very interested in resolving your problems and provide you with the ability to talk to the same staff whenever you call?” JOHN HOWE of EASTLAKE & BEACHELL
“Get advice from the solicitors who have advised the Association and its members since its formation” TOM MORRISH of MORRISH SOLICITORS
“I believe that as a strong trade association, BFBA is important as a purposeful mouthpiece for its members; a source of help and advice in troubled times; a flagship for excellence in craftsmanship and a forum for discussion of topical issues and for the exchange and dissemination of knowledge and ideas.” Huw Dyer AWCF – Past President
“For many years I have been what one might call a stagnant member of BFBA, never seeing the day when I might have to make use of one the benefits. After my experience (with a disciplinary hearing) I would urge all farriers to become BFBA members.” AE Bailey RSS