Kerckhaert Kings Plate WINNER!
So many winners wearing Kings Plates both in the UK and abroad! It is great to see.
Big congratulations to all our big race winners in the past few months –
- Wissahickon, shod by O’Shaughnessy Farriery, for John Gosden to win the bet365 Cambridgeshire Handicap at Newmarket.
- Enable, shod by O’Shaughnessy Farriery, for John Gosden to win the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe for second year in a row.
- Mabs Cross, shod by John Clark, for Michael Dods to win the Prix de l'Abbaye at Paris Longchamp.
- Laurens, shod by Jamie Fox, Andy Grant and Jason Gajczak, for Karl Burke to claim the fifth Group One of her career in the Kingdom Of Bahrain Sun Chariot Stakes at Newmarket.
- Wild Illusion, shod by Derek Pourpard, for Charlie Appleby to win the Prix De L’Opera Longines at Paris Longchamp.
- Desert Encounter, shod by Colin Planas, for David Simcock to win the Pattison Canadian International.
- Too Darn Hot, shod by O’Shaughnessy Farriery, John Gosden to win the Dewhurst Stakes and maintain the colt's unbeaten record on his Group One debut.
- Stradivarius, shod by O’Shaughnessy Farriery, for John Gosden to win the QIPCO British Champions Long Distance Cup at Ascot.
- Roaring Lion, shod by O’Shaughnessy Farriery, for John Gosden to win the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes.
- Cracksman, shod by O’Shaughnessy Farriery, for John Gosden to secure the Champion Stakes as trainer John Gosden claimed a treble at Champions Day at Ascot.
- Line Of Duty, shod by Phil Brook, for Charlie Appleby to become the winner in the thrilling GI Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf.
- Enable (O’Shaughnessy Farriery) became the first Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe winner to follow up with success at a Breeders' Cup fixture.
- Present Man, shod by Tom Bougourd (picturded right) and Dan Hubbard, for Paul Nicholls to win the Listed Badger Ales Trophy Handicap Chase – one of five winners in one day at Wincanton for the Paul Nicholls team.
- Bristol De Mai, shod by John Benfield, for Nigel Twiston-Davies to win the Betfair Chase for the second year in a row.
- Politologue, shod by Tom Bougourd and Dan Hubbard, for Paul Nicholls to win the Christy 1965 Chase.
- Buveur D’Air, shod by Chapel Forge Farriers for Nicky Henderson to win the Fighting Fifth Hurdle.
A winner! For the Flat Championship
We are delighted to confirm that O’Shaughnessy Farriery are winners of the Kerckhaert Kings Plate Competition for 2018, as farriers to Champion Trainer, John Gosden.
In line with the announcement made in the racing press, we are delighted to confirm that the Kerckhaert Kings Plate Competition for flat racing has been won, once more by, O’Shaughnessy Farriery.
This is the third win in the Championship for John Gosden following an incredible treble on Qpico British Champions Day.
Roaring Lion was named Cartier Horse of the Year, one of five Cartier awards scooped by John Gosden and his team. The horse will now take up stallion duties at Tweenhills.
The exciting, superb Kerckhaert Kings Plate prize is currently being confirmed with Ed O’Shaughnessy AWCF (pictured right with Roaring Lion) and will be revealed shorty!
Who will win the National Hunt prize?!
We continue to keep an eye on the National Hunt Trainers Championships; Kerckhaert Plates feature prominently.
- Dan Skelton (farrier Ian (Spud) Allison), Paul Nicholls (farriers Tom Bougourd and Dan Hubbard). Nicky Henderson (farrier Chapel Forge Farriers) and Donald McCain (farrier Alex Lake) are currently in the National Hunt Championship Top Five
Do you use Kerckhaert shoes?
The Stromsholm Kings Plate Competition follows both National Hunt and Flat racing horses and coincides with the Trainers Championships, with the winning farriers using Kings Plates in the yards accruing the most the prize money.
Don’t miss out! If you use Kerckhaert shoes we want to know if you have enjoyed a particular success? Do please keep in touch. Call the office on 01908 233909 and speak to Dan Collins.
In addition to our Head Office in Milton Keynes, don’t forget to visit our depots in Lambourn, Maidstone and Newmarket (pictured right). A warm welcome awaits and our staff are on hand to answer your questions and show you the product range.