Continued Success for Kings Plates
The Kings SuperSound Cu put in an impressive appearance in the winner’s enclosure at Aintree in April -
- Lalor (trained by Kaylkey Woollacott, owned by D G Staddon) won the Grade 1 Betway Top Novices' Hurdle, shod by A Saunders
- Politologue (trained by P Nicholls, owned by J Hales) won the Grade 1 JLT Melling Chase, shod by T Bougourd and D Hubbard
- Diego Du Charmil (trained by P Nicholls, owned by Mrs Johnny de la Hey) winner of the Doom Bar Maghull Novices' Chase (Grade 1), shod by T Bougourd and D Hubbard
Chapel Forge and Nicky Henderson enjoyed tremendous Grade 1 success at Aintree with multiple winners, all using Kerckhaert plates –
- We have a Dream (owned by Simon Munir & Isaac Souede) won the Doom Bar Anniversary 4-Y-O Juvenile Hurdle
- Might Bite (owned by The Knot Again Partnership) won the Betway Bowl Chase
- L’ami Serge (owned by Simon Munir & Isaac Souede) won the Betway Aintree Hurdle
- Terrefort (owned by Simon Munir & Isaac Souede) won the Betway Mildmay Novices' Chase
- Santini (owned by Mr & Mrs R Kelvin-Hughes) won the Doom Bar Sefton Novices' Hurdle
In addition at Sandown -
- Altior (owned by Mrs Patricia Pugh) won the bet365 Celebration Chase
At Epsom O’Shaughnessy Farriery shod Cracksman with Kerckhaert Kings Extra Sound race plates to win the Investec Coronation Cup Group 1 at Epsom with a gutsy performance. Cracksman is trained by John Gosden and owned by A E Oppenheimer. We look forward to seeing where he goes next!
Phil Brook and Derek Poupard shod the Investec Derby (Group 1) winner in Kerckhaert Kings Extra Sound Race Plates and Carrera Cu nails. Big congratulations to owners Godolphin, trainer Charlie Appleby and team.
Over in Longchamp, Laurens was successful in The Gurkha Coolmore Prix Saint-Alary (Group 1). Trained by Karl Burke and owned by John Dance, Laurens is shod by farriers Jamie Fox , Jason Gajczak and Andy Grant.
Congratulations to all!
4 Star Eventing Success for Kerckhaert Shoes
Two of the most prestigious events in the eventing calendar have recently passed which kept all eventing fans on the edge of their seats.
The Land Rover Kentucky Three Day Event saw Oliver Townend secure a nail-biting finish to win on board Angela Hislop’s Cooley Master Class. Cooley Master Class is shod by the team at Forden Farriers and was wearing the pre-drilled Kerckhaert Classic Sports with Liberty nails.
Back in the UK Jonelle Price and Trisha Rickards’ owned Classic Moet put in a flawless showjumping round with Jonelle at the Mitsubishi Badminton Horse Trials to win. Classic Moet is shod by Andy Nickalls DipWCF and was wearing pre-drilled Kerckhaert Classic Sports.
Congratulations to all involved; enjoy your celebratory bubbles!
Do you use Kerckhaert shoes?
The Stromsholm Kings Plate Competition follows both National Hunt and Flat racing horses and coincides with the Trainers Championships, with the winning farriers using Kings Plates in the yards accruing the most the prize money.
- The flat trainers championship runs from January through to December.
- The jump trainers championship runs from April to April.
In the current trainers championships Kerckhaert Kings Plates feature prominently.
- John Gosden (farrier O’Shaughnessy Farriery) is currently in the Flat Championship Top Five
- Dan Skelton (farrier Ian (Spud) Allison DipWCF), Nicky Henderson (farrier Chapel Forge) and Philip Hobbs (farrier Ben Parker DipWCF) are all currently in the National Hunt Championship Top Five
A superb prize will be waiting for the winning the farrier(s) responsible for both the flat and national hunt yards operating under the winning trainer.
BUT, have we missed you? If you use Kerckhaert shoes we want to know if you have enjoyed a particular success? Do please keep in touch. Call the office on 01908 233909 and speak to Dan Collins.