Event Reports 2009
2nd Scottish Farrier/Veterinary Conference
Over 100 delegates including farriers, vets and agricultural students attended the 2nd Scottish Farrier/Veterinary Conference on the 25th November 2009 at the University of Glasgow Equine Hospital in conjunction with J & A Ferrie.
With delegates split into smaller groups the rotation included a mixture of practical demonstrations and talks –
- Jim and Allan Ferrie on trimming and shoeing for laminitis
- Sandy Beveridge and Stewart Armstrong on the application of heart-bars with laminitis
- Grant Moon in conjunction with Mustad doing a live shoeing demonstration
- Anne Currie demonstrating shiatsu techniques
- Ruth Torrance demonstrating aspects of equine physiotherapy
Later in the afternoon all attendees were brought back together in the lecture theatre for presentations by –
- Andrew McDiarmid, from Lanark Vet Group, talking on the hoof capsule in relation to limb conformation
- Andy Durham, from Liphook Animal Hospital, talking on Metabolic Syndrome and its relationship with Laminitis
- Patrick Pollok, from the Glasgow Vet School, talking on a veterinary approach to laminitis
The day was extremely informative and feedback received from all attendees has been fantastic.
All farriers attending received 4 points towards their CPD record.