TFP: First Aid at Work
Do you know what to do in an emergency, do you think you could save a life ?
If you would like to learn what to do, then come along to the Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) qualification which is a fully regulated level 3 qualification and is recognised by the Health & Safety Executive and insurance companies.
On completion of the training a successful candidate will be able to,
• understand the role of the first aider, including reference to:
o the importance of preventing... cross infection
o the need for recording incidents and actions
o use of available equipment
• assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
• administer first aid to an adult casualty who is unconscious (including seizure)
• administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation to an adult, including using an AED
• administer first aid to an adult casualty who is choking
• administer first aid to an adult casualty who is wounded and bleeding
• administer first aid to an adult casualty who is suffering from shock
• provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters)
The course will run between 0900 – 1700hrs and will include refreshments, lunch, course manual and certificate.
The cost of the course is £75.00 + VAT and is limited to 12 places, so book early to avoid disappointment.