TAKE PART! BFBA Lockdown League
1st Steven Beane prize card plus –
£50 Jim Blurton voucher.
2nd Iain Ritchie prize card plus –
£25 Crossan Farrier Supplies voucher
3rd Lewis Balfour prize card plus –
A 20% discount off your next order of Maddox nails at Stromsholm.
4th George Rogerson prize card
5th Phil Martin prize card
6th Leon Bentham prize card
1st Tom Anderson prize card plus -
2nd Laurent Nizou prize card plus -
A £50 voucher for Londonderry Forge Supplies.
3rd Lauri Lehtinen prize card plus -
£25 Crossan Farrier Supplies voucher
4th Jack Power prize card
5th Lewis Dennison prize card
6th Liam Evans prize card
3rd & 4th YEAR APPRENTICES
1st Henri Allison prize card plus –
Leon Bentham Straight Blade knife.
2nd William Ratcliffe prize card plus –
£40 Jim Blurton voucher.
3rd Sam West prize card plus –
4th Dominic Welch prize card
5th Tom Close prize card
6th Amy Bolt prize card
1st & 2nd YEAR APPRENTICES
1st Sol Tovey prize card plus –
Beanie Tools Champion Hammer.
2nd Kieran Smaile prize card plus –
£30 Jim Blurton voucher.
3rd Christian Welsford prize card plus –
4th James Hardy prize card
5th George Eastwood prize card
6th Dylan Kirk prize card
We are delighted to be able to invite you to take part in the BFBA Lockdown League! Join us, from the comfort of your own forge, and embrace the challenge! A huge thank you to our six superb judges and all of our sponsors who have already donated prizes to the winners.
Saturday 27th June, 9am (BST), register by Friday 19th June 12pm
Saturday 25th July, 9am (BST), register by Friday 17th July, 12pm
Saturday 29th August, 9am (BST), register by Friday 21st August, 12pm
Make two shoes to the judges’ specifications, in your own forge (gas or coke) within the time frame allowed.
Chief Steward – Danny Bennett
Saturday 27th June -
Open and Intermediate: Ian 'Spud' Allison DipWCF
Apprentice: Iain Ritchie DipWCF
Saturday 25th July -
Open and Intermediate: Ian Gajczak DipWCF
Apprentice: Andrew Casserly FWCF
Saturday 29th August -
Open and Intermediate: Derek Gardner AWCF
Apprentice: Graeme Moran DipWCF
- All competitors must pre-register to take part. Registration will close at 12pm on the Friday of the week preceding each competition.
- Registration will be on BFBA webcollect - https://webcollect.org.uk/bfba/ or by calling the office on 024 76 696 595.
- Intermediate competitors must not have won an open competition or represented their country as a qualified farrier.
- Entry is FREE to BFBA members. There is a £10 entry fee per class for non BFBA members – all proceeds will go to The Farriers Foundation.
- Once entries have been checked and verified, each competitor will be assigned a competitor’s number.
- The competitor will be invited to join a CLOSED Facebook group by the Chief Steward for the competition class they are entered for.
- All entrants must ensure that they have joined the CLOSED Facebook group before the competition day. Contact details for the Chief Steward, plus any further instructions will be given in the CLOSED group.
- Material, section size and length will be confirmed on the Monday evening preceding the competition date to allow time for competitors to check stock, and order if necessary
- Specimen shoes will be published in the CLOSED Facebook group at 9am on the competition day.
- Shoes must be made and photographed and sent to the Chief Steward on Facebook Messenger by 11.00am (BST).
- Photographs must be on a plain white background (sheet of A4). It is the competitor’s responsibility to ensure that each photograph includes their unique competitor number. This number may be printed on the white background or added to the image. Any images without the competitor’s number will not be judged.
- All measurements asked for must be provided in millimetres. Please ensure names cannot be seen on rulers, or anywhere else on the images, or the entry will be disqualified.
- The Chief Steward will forward all images to the judge(s) so they may be judged anonymously.
- The shoes will be given a mark out of ten.
- The judge will return the marks for each shoe to the Chief Steward who will identify each competitor.
- The winners will be announced on Facebook in the evening following the competition.
- In the event of a tie in an individual class the judge will be asked to decide.
- In the event of a tie in the championship, the highest marked shoe over the three classes will decide.
- Any images taken of your own shoes must not be published on social media until after the results have been announced.
- Following the announcement of the results please do share your images of your shoes and/or them being made! Please use #BFBAlockdownleague so we can reshare them!
- Any competitors that contact the judge directly will be disqualified.
- All competitors must have their own Facebook account. You must only submit your own entry and not act on behalf of another.
- All competitors are responsible for their own safety, PPE should be worn as applicable and all current relevant COVID-19 government guidelines must be adhered to where applicable.
The top ten places in each section will accrue the following points which will contribute towards the championship –
1st – 12 points
2nd – 10 points
3rd – 9 points
4th – 8 points
5th – 7 points
6th – 6 points
7th – 5 points
8th – 4 points
9th – 3 points
10th – 2 points
We are extremely fortunate to have received a large number of very generous prizes. We offer our thanks to
Londonderry Forge Supplies
B L Farrier Supplies
Crossan Farrier Supplies
Handmade Shoes (UK) Ltd
THE WORSHIPFUL COMPANY OF FARRIERS makes awards in order to promote, support and maintain a high standard of excellence in Farriery. Registered Farriers who are awarded medals have attained the very high standard demanded by the company. Awards may be made to the winners of the Championship in each section.
THE BRITISH FARRIERS AND BLACKSMITHS ASSOCIATION have kindly provided medals for the winners of each class at each competition.
Follow news and updates - https://www.facebook.com/BritishFarriers/
We wish you the best of luck!