Farriers Down Under - positions vacant
This opportunity is for farriers who would like to be apart of a well respected team, who welcome regular work with long term client relations with out the headache of running their own business and take their profession seriously.
Farriers Down Under is a multi farrier practice specialising in hot shoeing & trimming of performance horses including specialist corrective & remedial work. FDU covers a large geographical area with a well established & growing client base. We pride ourselves on offering a regular & reliable farrier service on a 6 weekly rotation.
Farriers Down Under is based in Bendigo, Victoria Australia. Bendigo is a thriving regional city created from one of the worlds largest gold rushes conveniently located in the centre of Victoria with an easy 90 minute drive to Melbourne & Tullamarine Airport. It is surrounded by Australian bush and native animals, providing many opportunities for recreation and family activities.
Our team currently consists of 3 qualified farriers, 2 apprentices, 1 administration officer & we have the opportunity 2 enthusiastic qualified farriers to join our friendly team.
- Provide high-quality farriery care for performance & leisure horses.
- Provide professional advice & guidance to clients on their horses hoof care.
- Assist in the teaching of apprentices to help develop the skills of other farriers.
- Travel, as required, to service clients.
- Assist in the daily organisation of scheduling clients, maintenance of stock etc.
- Minimum of 5 years experience preferred.
- Experience in therapeutic shoeing & resolving troublesome foot cases.
- A high standard of shoeing & shoemaking skills.
- Self motivated with a desire to further grow Farriers Down Under.
- Willingness to keep up to date through professional development activities.
- Be fluent in English both verbally & written.
- Hold a current Drivers Licence.
- Client outcome focused, with the ability to communicate effectively with clients.
- Horse sense.
Immediate start & attractive package including fully set up work vehicle if employed on a 457 Visa is on offer for a farrier wanting to live & work in Australia.
Interested applicants can apply by emailing a current Resume, Photo's of work completed & References to email@example.com Applications close 21st October 2016.