Experienced farrier wanted in Doha
Al Samriya Riding School (ASRS) is a privately-owned equine farm, and one of Al Faisal Holding subsidiaries. ASRS was established in 2007 as an expansion to Al Samriya Estate. Located in Al Shahania, an area 30 km from Doha, we pride ourselves for being in a unique location with access to fields, arenas and tracks where riders can enjoy the picturesque scenery of the Oryx reserve, farm and FBQ Museum set as an old Arabian Fort.
We are looking for an experienced farrier capable of delivering the highest-level farriery care to our riding school and livery horses
Qualifications: Must be DIP WCF certified with at least 3 years- experience. Ideally to have experience treating lamanitic horses and remedial farriery skill.
Reports to ASRS Operations Manager – Please send all CV’s to Opsmanager@alsamriyariding.com
Scope of work:
- make horse welfare your first consideration in seeking to provide the most appropriate attention for horses committed to your care including due regard to a safe working environment
- to be able to coordinate with Stable manager and manage a large shoeing schedule
- Be Physically fit and capable of treating 8 horses per day; even in high temperatures.
- ensure that all horses under your care are treated humanely and with respect
- maintain and continue to develop your professional knowledge and skills
- uphold the good reputation of the farriery profession
- recognise the limits of your professional competence
- be honest and trustworthy
- communicate openly with clients and be professional at all times
- foster and maintain a good relationship with your clients, earning their trust, respecting their views and protecting client confidentiality
- foster and endeavour to maintain good relationships with your professional colleagues
- respond promptly, fully and courteously to complaints and criticism and understand and comply with your legal obligation.
- Must hold a clean driving license as may be required to shoe horses off site
- To comply with Qatar’s laws and cultural values.
- Monthly salary offered would be in the range of QR10,000 – 13,000 per month.
- Free fully furnished accommodation
- A yearly return flight to your home country.
- Health coverage under Hamad Medical corporation.