BFBA Lockdown League 2021
Following on from the success of last year's BFBA Lockdown League, we are delighted to invite you to take part in the Lockdown League 2021! It won't be long until we can get together but, until then, join us, from the comfort of your own forge and embrace the challenge! A huge thank you to our six superb judges and all of our sponsors who have already donated prizes to the winners.
Saturday 10th April, 9am (GST), register by Friday 2nd April 12pm
Saturday 8th May, 9am (GST), register by Friday 30th April, 12pm
Saturday 12th June, 9am (GST), register by Friday 4th June, 12pm
Make two shoes to the judges’ specifications, in your own forge (gas or coke) within the time frame allowed.
Saturday 10th April
Open and Intermediate - Gavin Golby AWCF
Apprentices - Ruaraidh Robb AWCF
Saturday 8th May
Open and Intermediate - Jonathan Nunn FWCF
Apprentices - Mark Watson FWCF
Saturday 12th June
Open and Intermediate - Gary Darlow AFCL
Apprentices - Russell Jones DipWCF
BFBA members £5 per class
Non BFBA members £10 per class
Apprentices it is free of charge to join the association – make sure you are a member!
- All competitors must pre-register to take part. Registration will close at 12pm on the Friday of the week preceding each competition.
- If you are unable to take part for any reason please notify the Chief Steward as soon as possible to save unnecessary work being done.
- The entry fee is non refundable.
- Registration will be on BFBA webcollect - https://webcollect.org.uk/bfba/ or by calling the office on 024 76 696 595.
- Intermediate competitors must not have won an open competition or represented their country as a qualified farrier.
- Once entries have been checked and verified, each competitor will be assigned a competitor’s number.
- The competitor will be invited to join a CLOSED Facebook group by the Chief Steward for the competition class they are entered for.
- All entrants must ensure that they have joined the CLOSED Facebook group before the competition day. Contact details for the Chief Steward, plus any further instructions will be given in the CLOSED group.
- Material, section size and length will be confirmed on the Monday evening preceding the competition date to allow time for competitors to check stock, and order if necessary
- Specimen shoes will be published in the CLOSED Facebook group at 9am on the competition day.
- Shoes must be made and photographed (maximum 4 images) and sent to the Chief Steward on Facebook Messenger by 11.00am (GST).
- Photographs must be on a plain white background (sheet of A4). It is the competitor’s responsibility to ensure that each photograph includes their unique competitor number. This number may be printed on the white background or added to the image. Any images without the competitor’s number will not be judged.
- All measurements asked for must be provided in millimetres. Please ensure names cannot be seen on rulers, or anywhere else on the images, or the entry will be disqualified.
- The Chief Steward will forward all images to the judge(s) so they may be judged anonymously.
- The shoes will be given a mark out of ten.
- The judge will return the marks for each shoe to the Chief Steward who will identify each competitor.
- The winners will be announced on Facebook in the evening following the competition.
- In the event of a tie in an individual class the judge will be asked to decide.
- In the event of a tie in the championship, the highest marked shoe over the three classes will decide.
- Any images taken of your own shoes must not be published on social media until after the results have been announced.
- Following the announcement of the results please do share your images of your shoes and/or them being made! Please use #BFBAlockdownleague so we can reshare them!
- Any competitors that contact the judge directly will be disqualified.
- All competitors must have their own Facebook account. You must only submit your own entry and not act on behalf of another.
- All competitors are responsible for their own safety, PPE should be worn as applicable and all current relevant COVID-19 government guidelines must be adhered to where applicable.
The top ten places in each section will accrue the following points which will contribute towards the championship –
1st – 12 points
2nd – 10 points
3rd – 9 points
4th – 8 points
5th – 7 points
6th – 6 points
7th – 5 points
8th – 4 points
9th – 3 points
10th – 2 points
Follow news and updates - https://www.facebook.com/BritishFarriers/