COVID-19: remain vigilant
Over the last few weeks, we have seen many equestrian sports resume and our clients have been able to enjoy equine activities once more. We very much hope that this will continue into the months ahead.
Like many of you the BFBA continue to monitor the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and recognise that this is not a time for complacency. We all play an incredibly important role in reducing the spread of this impactful virus and ask all farriers, blacksmiths, apprentices and students to remain vigilant.
- Maintain regular handwashing and disinfect tools and equipment regularly.
- Minimise contact with others and continue to maintain social distancing at all times.
- Wear masks/PPE as appropriate and as required to do so
- Should you develop any coronavirus symptoms you must follow the latest government guidance and must not practise farriery
- Communicate regularly with your clients and ask that they do not attend an appointment if they have coronavirus symptoms. Reassure them you will rearrange their appointment if it is necessary to do so and as soon as it is appropriate to do so.
- Wherever possible accept payment by card or bank transfer. Keep the handling of cheques and cash to a minimum.
- Condense multiple trips to a single yard where possible and it is appropriate to do so.
Should you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to contact the BFBA Head Office on 024 76 696595 or email email@example.com.
Further links –
Gov.uk Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Welsh Government Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Scottish Government Coronavirus (COVID-19)
UK Government advice on working safely outdoors
UK Government advice on working safely in or from a vehicle