Kings Plate Success, continues
The flat racing season has continued with multiple successes for racehorses wearing Kerckhaert Kings Plates. We were delighted to see Battaash and the Kerckhaert Super Sound Cu on Racing UK; our thanks to farrier Jack Partner (pictured, top right) for describing them to the racing community.
Big congratulations to all our big race winners in the past few months -
• Lightning Spear, shod by Colin Planas, for David Simcock Racing Ltd with his Group 1 success in the Qatar Sussex Stakes. Lightning Spear was shod in Kerckhaert Extra Sound race plates and nailed on with Liberty Carrera Cu nails.
• Wild Illusions, shod by Derek Poupard, for Charlie Appleby in the Nassau Stakes (Group 1). Wild Illusions was shod in Kings Extra Sound and Carrera Cu nails.
• Battaash, shod by Jack Partner, for Charles Hills, in the King George Qatar Stakes (Group 2). Battaash was shod in Kings Super Sound Cu.
• Advertise, shod by Mick Towell and Adam Prescott , from Chapel Forge Farriers, for Martyn Meade in the Keeneland Phoenix Stakes (Group 1). Advertise was shod with Kerckhaert King Super Sound fronts and Kings Extra Sound hinds, with Liberty FJ0 nails.
• Roaring Lion, shod by O’Shaughnessy Farriery Limited, for John Gosden, in the Juddmonte International Stakes (Group 1). Roaring Lion wears Kings Extra Sound race plates with Liberty nails.
• Laurens, shod by Andy Grant (pictured below, right), Jamie Fox and Jason Gajczak, for Karl Burke in the Coolmore Fastnet Rock Matron Stakes (Group 1). Laurens was shod with Kings Extra Sound with Liberty nails.
• Roaring Lion, shod by O’Shaughnessy Farriery Limited, for John Gosden in the Qipco Irish Champion Stakes (Group 1) using Kings Extra Sound plates with Liberty nails.
• Havana Grey, shod by Andy Grant, Jamie Fox and Jason Gajczak, for Karl Burke in the Derrinstown Stud Flying Five Stakes (Group 1)
• Quorto, shod by Phil Brook, for Charlie Appleby in the Goffs Vincent O’Brien National Stakes (Group 1) using Kings Extra Sound plates with Liberty Carrera Cu nails.
• La Pelosa, shod by Phil Brook, for Charlie Appleby in the Natalma Stakes (Group 1) using Kings Extra Sound plates with Liberty Carrera Cu nails.
Who will win the prize?!
As we near the end of the year we continue to keep an eye on the Trainers Championships; Kerckhaert Plates feature prominently.
John Gosden (farrier O’Shaughnessy Farriery) and Charlie Appleby (farrier P. Brook, D, Poupard) are currently in the Flat Championship Top Five
Dan Skelton (farrier Ian (Spud) Allison), Peter Bowen (farrier A. J. Williams), Nicky Henderson (farrier Chapel Forge Farriers) and Donald McCain (farrier Alex Lake) are currently in the National Hunt Championship Top Five
A superb prize will be waiting for the winning the farrier(s) responsible for both the flat and national hunt yards operating under the winning trainer.
Do you use Kerckhaert shoes?
The Stromsholm Kings Plate Competition follows both National Hunt and Flat racing horses and coincides with the Trainers Championships, with the winning farriers using Kings Plates in the yards accruing the most the prize money.
The flat trainers championship runs from January through to December.
The jump trainers championship runs from April to April.
BUT, have we missed you? If you use Kerckhaert shoes we want to know if you have enjoyed a particular success? Do please keep in touch. Call the office on 01908 233909 and speak to Dan Collins.
Not just racing!
Hearts Destiny, ridden by Holly Smith, had a great clear for Great Britain at the Longines FEI Nations Cup Hickstead. Hearts Destiny is shod by Graham Smith and wears Kerckhaert Aluminium Triumph fronts and Kerckhaert Classic Sport hinds shoes. Our congratulations to all!