Stromsholm Kings Plate News April 2018
Kings Plate Success
Cheltenham is a huge highlight in the calendar for any National Hunt racing enthusiast and this year didn’t disappoint culminating in a great final day with the rain holding off until after the last race!
It was so good to see so many Kerckhaert plates, not just in the parade ring but in the winners enclosures too. Our extended congratulations to -
- Dan Skelton’s Mohaayed (owned by Mrs June Watts)in the Randox Health County Handicap Hurdle (Grade 3) ridden by Bridget Andrews - shod by Ian (Spud) Allison DipWCF. Mohaayed was wearing Kerckhaert Extra Sound.
- Nick Williams Coo Star Sivola (owned by Babbit Racing) in the Ultima Handicap Chase (Grade 3) and ridden by Lizzie Kelly – shod by Stuart Govier DipWCF. Coo Star Sivola was wearing Kerckhaert Extra Sound.
- Paul Nicholls Pacha Du Polder (owned by The Stuart Family)in the St. James's Place Foxhunter Challenge Cup Open Hunters' Chase and ridden by Miss H Tucker – shod by Tom Bougourd and Dan Hubbard. Pacha Du Polder was wearing Kerckhaert Super Sound.
- Paul Nicholls Le Prezien (owned by John P McManus) in the Johnny Henderson Grand Annual Challenge Cup Handicap Chase (Grade 3) ridden by B J Geraghty - shod by Tom Bougourd DipWCF and Dan Hubbard DipWCF. Le Prezien was wearing Kerckhaert Super Sound.
- Nicky Henderson’s Buveur D’Air (owned by John P McManus) in the Unibet Champion Hurdle Challenge Trophy (Grade 1) ridden by B J Geraghty – shod by Chapel Forge
- Nicky Henderson’s Altior (owned by Mrs Patricia Pugh) in the Betway Queen Mother Champion Chase (Grade 1) ridden by Nico de Boinville – shod by Chapel Forge
A further congratulations to Chapel Forge farriers who had multiple placings too! Chapel Forge used a combination of both Kerckhaert Super Sound and Extra Sound.
Special get well soon wishes to Harriet Tucker who part dislocated her shoulder at the second to last fence and still managed to win without the use of the whip in the final stage of the Cheltenham Foxhunters.
The Kings Plate Competition
This year the Stromsholm Kings Plate Competition will follow both National Hunt and Flat racing horses and will coincide with the Trainers Championships, with the winning farriers using Kings Plates in the yards accruing the most the prize money.
- The flat trainers championship runs from January through to December.
- The jump trainers championship runs from April to April.
A superb prize will be awaiting winning the farrier(s) responsible for both the flat and national hunt yards operating under the winning trainer.
Have we missed you? Don’t miss out on your bubbly! If you have shod a winner – racing or another equine discipline - with Kerckhaert shoes please let us know! Call the office on 01908 233909 and speak to Dan Collins.